Saturday, February 18, 2006

Ohh the places you'll go ....

I'm here again, in a rush. I had big plans to write something great and tell you all about how I hate chickens and how things are going but I'm in a rush all the time. Being on the internet was number one on my to do list for the day but we are so busy all week and when I get to town all I want to do is sit with my friends have a Mosi (an African brew) and relax and catch up on what we've done all week-- and we do alot. I have class 6 days a week. The first week was long. But now that we are learing the good stuff like HIV/AIDS and Malaria, Non Formal Education Techniques, I finally feel like I'm doing something worthwhile.

I don't think that I have ever felt hungry as often as I feel here. Fruit is scarce and meals are separated by 4 hours. Plus we bike a ton to get to all our classes. All in all its great. My host family might as well be the Von Trapps from Sound of Music. The first day I'm in my bathing shelter scrubbing up and the village choir--led by my family-- is singing a mere fifteen feet away. I pee'd my bathing shelter. Not really.

We have to be home before dark so it cramps my style to say the least. If you write me long hand that would be great just in case I don't have you address. The chickens thing, I hope that they all get bird flu and die. All I want to do is sleep at 5 am, not get woken up by crowing. Not cool.

I love you all and I miss you. Write me and I can feel better than everyone else when I get mail :)

PS, I love the BBC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home