Saturday, January 21, 2006

Its all coming down to the last minute

I am currently right on track to be behind in everything. I have roughly 10 hours to go--8pm to 6am when I have to be at the airport. I am packed, kinda. Really its more like things are near the bags but not quite in them.
I have a sneaking suspicion that I will not be sleeping tonight, and not because I'm nervous--far from it--but just because I need 45 minute mental breaks after I put each item into a place in the bags. Apparently I'm a head trauma patient. I was actually just standing looking at my bed covered in stuff for a solid couple of minutes, just looking, like I was brain dead and nothing that I was seeing computed. I wonder if you can pay someone to pack for you? I would definitely have paid for that. Other than repeating what I'm doing leaving the country and where Zambia is actually (thank you to Monica, Alison and Molly for the fabuloso' demonstrations with your hands) packing is the most annoying part of all of this. Seriously, 80 lbs, two bags, 107 total inches of L-W-H, for two years, divided and separated accordingly to needs during training and things for my actual site, plus the carry on that has to everything you need for a few days in the event that my luggage gets lost and the fact that we are over nighting in Johannesburg. Like I have some clue what needs to go where.
Once that's out of the way the frantic calling and talking and goodbyes that I didn't get in last night are on the docket. Did I mention that any weight I lost over the past four months of compulsive working out have reappeared to my horror. I guess that's what happens when you eat everything that you see. Put it on to take it off. But on the upside my fortune cookie tonight told me that " An admirer finds you charming." Well that's wonderful, first off someone finally finds me and on top of that thinks I'm charming?! And I'm leaving! Why now? I should have waited to open it until I got to Zambia.
Well that wraps up the 45 minute mental break. Back the to rail road for me. The rail road is obviously a euphemism for my life the train wreck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home